This article is aimed at helping you choose to quit smoking by making you aware of consequences of smoking. Of course, you just want to ease out your worries and stress and hence end up taking help of addictions like cigarette smoking.
With every single puff of tobacco, you feel as if your worries are vanishing away but do you know that they are not vanishing rather coming back to you many fold. Did you know that there are 4000 chemicals in a cigarette and out of which 40 are potent carcinogens?
The chemicals in the cigarette are known carcinogens and they not just cause cancer in the longer run but have many harmful effects on you. But, the irony of the situation is that despite such big clamour about smoking being cancer inducing, you are still not able to quit it.
Do you know that nicotine is the substance that makes you addicted to smoking? To know more about what smoking can do to you, please read on further……
Harmful effects of smoking other than the ones shown in the diagram
- Eye irritation and cough problems caused due to formaldehyde.
- Arsenic is poisonous as it damages the blood vessels and reduces our life span by checking the body’s ability to repair DNA. It may lead to heart attack, pain in the chest and high B.P.
- Mood swings
- Poor sense of smell
- 90% of deaths are caused due to lung cancer caused by smoking and 80% are caused due to COPD and around 17% due to heart disease.
- It may cause chronic bronchitis and asthma.
- The Tar present in cigarette makes the teeth yellow in colour.
- Other types of cancer that may occur are oral cavity cancer, lungs, trachea, food pipe, entire nasal passage, lungs, oral cavity, lips, stomach, kidney, bladder, etc.
- It also affects your vision in the longer run. There isn’t any organ in your body that is not affected by regular smoking.
Is it okay if I smoke light cigarette?
There is no evidence that light cigarettes are less harmful. In fact, it is believed that all cigarettes including menthol cigarettes and light cigarettes are equally harmful. They are equally carcinogenic as the normal cigarettes.
How to quit smoking?
There isn’t any gift which is more beautiful than the life itself. The divine power or Universal intelligence has designed us in such a way that we are capable of handling life without depending on chemical stress relievers or addictions.
So, why not fall in love with life all over again and see the magic it unfolds to you when you embrace life with open hands. Love yourself fully to give a boost to your self-esteem and then you would see that even making the toughest choices like quitting to smoke will happen to you.
Seeking, counselling and medical help is advisable to quit smoking. Meditation is one guru mantra that will help you to overcome any difficult ailment or crisis that you are unable to deal with.
Just keep trying and it will happen……….