I am sure you would agree that almost 80 to 90% of diseases happen when the digestion is weak. And, the worst is that despite knowing this, most of us let ourselves suffer from a poor digestion problem that persist for days, months or even years together.
But, not anymore! Just try these wonderful remedies to kick-off your digestion problem. No wonder if your digestion has been weak for years together or is a recent development, these remedies will help you to overcome it easily.
Here, are the tips:
- Start your day with two glasses of warm water: You must start your day with two glasses of warm water which cleanses your system completely. It flushes out the toxins from your body efficiently which helps in better digestion through the day.
You could add some lime and honey to warm water to make it more effective. Lime helps you to remove toxins due to the anti-oxidants present in it. It also provides immunity and cuts down fat in the body. Honey supplements digestion and provides a glow to your skin.
Drinking warm water is also a remedy to keep you hydrated through the day. Starting your day with warm water assists in free bowel movement and keeps you healthy.
- Drink hot water after eating oily food: All of us like to indulge in eating for at least once or twice in a week. Indulging or eating out with friends and family is more of a necessity than a luxury. But often, we suffer from heaviness or indigestion the very next day after eating out.
This happens because your body is not able to digest oily or junk food that you might have eaten. The best remedy to deal with this is to consume hot water (as hot as tea) soon after 15 minutes after your meal. This will help all the unwanted oil in the food to break down and it will be moved to the intestine as waste which will be eventually thrown out of the body.
- Do Vajrasana Yoga: Vajrasana is the only asana in Yoga that is done soon after having meals. It is the asana that is purely meant for improving digestion. Performing this asana is very easy and can help you improve your digestion soon. Ideally, you should do this asana after every meal but if it’s not possible for you then you should practice it at any time during the day when you are free.
Steps to do Vajrasana:
- Sit on a firm flat floor with both the legs folded and your feet under your hips.
- Make sure both your knees are touching each other and the ankles should be kept wide apart to let your hips rest on the ankles. The big toes of both your feet should touch each other.
- Keep your back straight and your neck erect.
- Place both your palms on your knees and close your eyes.
- Practice this posture for 5 minutes initially and then slowly take it up to 15 minutes in a day.
This will strengthen your digestion.
These three tips are enough to deal with poor digestion. By practising these three things you will see a total relief in all your digestive issues. These tips will also help you digest whatever you eat healthy or unhealthy and following them will also help you lose weight gradually.
Please do post your comments on this……